Wednesday, September 19, 2007

San Gimignano





So I added some pictures from San Gimignano. Unfortunately I'm having camera problems, so until I get that fixed, I'll have to rely on other peoples' cameras. But the pictures here show the beautiful view from the top of the town. And the other girl in the picture is my friend Michaela.

The soccer game on Saturday was amazing. Milan is one of the best teams in Italy and Siena is ranked about last. And.... we tied!! The fans went nuts. Siena scored in the first half and they held Milan until the last two minutes in the game. So we almost won. It was well worth going.

Last night I finished my training for the Miserocordia EMT internship. We learned about trauma scenarios. I'll start putting in hours most likely in a couple of weeks. (I want to get more Italian under my belt before I really start.) And we found out we may be on duty for the next soccer game! We'll have to be on call, but unless there's a problem we have to attend to, we'll get to watch the game and look official in our EMT uniforms. I'm really excited!

School is going well. We have our first quiz tomorrow. We have learned SO much Italian is only less than two weeks. I guess that's what happens with 15 hours of language a week.

This weekend I am planning on going to the beach in Grosseto and possibly Pisa on Sunday. I'll let everyone know how that goes! I hope everyone is enjoying the last of summer. Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The place looks beautiful sweetheart. I wish that I were there with you, but I guess I will soon enough. I also wish we could talk more... I miss you.