Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Week in Siena




Ciao!

Sorry I haven't written in so long! I been having trouble getting internet access. But things are going great here. School started this week, so that's definitely been keeping me busy. I also decided to participate in an internship here. The internship is through a program called the Miserocordia, which is an ambulence! So after 6 hours of training, I'll be riding on an ambulence in Siena. It requires getting certified in Italian CPR, which went fine, since I am certified in the US, but I had to learn everything in Italian! I hope I'll remember everything once I start. I'm really excited!

My home stay is going well. Lots of GREAT home-made food and LOTS of Italian Disney channel. (Since the boys are so young.) I don't think I can possibly watch another episode of Italian Sponge Bob Square Pants!

For my first weekend here in Siena, I went on a day trip with a friend to a small town called San Gimingano. It was so beautiful! There were amazing views and lots of culture to soak in. It was similar to Siena, but smaller and it had more tourists. We went into a few art museums and lots of pottery stores. San Gimingano is also know for their gelato, so of course we enjoyed some gelato while we were there.

This weekend the Siena soccer team is playing Milan here in Siena, so most of the UC people are going. It should be fun! I'll be sure to post pictures of that later.

Hope everyone's doing well at home. I miss you all. Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whit:
I( recognize that photo of the Plaza in Sienna. We bought our set of salt/pepper, oil/viegar set in a store in the upper left of that photo. There's a good upscale "cafeteria" around there, too (if it's made it 20 years!) Katie made the trip there, too -- in utero.

Will be curious about your Italian development and what you do in your spare time. And the experience with the family.

Enjoy!
Pam