Friday, December 14, 2007

Last Day in Siena =(





So today is my last day in Siena and I've been really really sad all day. =( I had my oral exam this morning and my culture final this afternoon, so that kept me busy, but I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. By this time tomorrow, I'll be in Berlin and a week from now, I'll be on my way back home.

I'm a little nervous to be coming home. Of course I'm excited to get to see my family and friends at home, but I'm worried about the adjustment back to American culture.

So I figured out a better solution: my friends and family will just all come here, so I won't have to leave Siena =) Maybe I should run it by my parents first. There are just so many things I'll miss about Italy. And honestly the thought of coming back to visit doesn't help and I just figured out why: if I ever come back here, it will be on vacation. I most likely won't ever live in Italy again like I'm doing now. (But I still do want to come back of course!)

The pictures I posted are of a beautiful sunset from the Fortress in Siena the other day, a picture of the Christmas tree just recently put up in one of the piazzas in Siena, and the last is a picture of my Italian family last night during our last dinner together =( I'll miss them, but honestly, it'll will be nice to only have one brother (instead of 3!) and to not have constant chaos and yelling in the house! The last time I lived with a 3 year old was when I was 5, and I guess I forgot how annoying 3 year olds can get! But I really have enjoyed living with them, and I'll miss the family.

Tonight is the farewell dinner with my program. We have awards, a slideshow, and a viewing of all of the final video projects we had to make for class. It should be really fun, but we all know at the end of the night, we'll all have to say goodbye to each other. We've recently been exchanging US numbers. (So weird to be exchanging real US numbers as opposed to Italian numbers!) So it will most likely be an emotional night and emotional day tomorrow leaving beautiful Siena.

Tomorrow I leave for Berlin and then Athens and then back to Rome for a couple days before flying back to the US. I won't be able to upload pictures while I'm gone, but I'll try to at least post a blog or two.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at home soon!

1 comment:

Anri said...

even though it will be sad to leave your new friends and your new loved country, we can't wait to see you!!!