Sunday, December 16, 2007

Berlin and Athens!

So my program ended Friday and Saturday morning I left for Berlin with a friend for a couple days. It was really really cold, but at least no snow. We took a 4 hour walking tour and got to see SO much of Berlin. We saw the Berlin wall, Hitler's old bunker, the House of Parliament, the Jewish Museum, and much much more. And the food was great! I tried their famous warm spiced wine and of course I tried German beer and bratwurst. There are lots of Christmas markets set up in Berlin right now, so we visited a few. They were beautiful, but were very very crowded. I really enjoyed Berlin and would like to eventually see more of it someday.

Now we're in Athens and I love it here! We got up early and walked all day long taking in as much Athens as we could. We saw the Acropolis, the Erectheon, Zeus' Temple, Hadrian's Gate, the Plaka, the House of Parliament and my personal favorite, the Olympic Stadium! I got a great picture of me doing a handstand in front of it. That's probably the closest I'll ever get to the actual olympics. =) And I have been loving Greek food! Today I had a traditional dish called "Mousaka". It's a layered dish served in a bowl with potato, meat, eggplant, cheese, and lots of Greek spices. It was delicious! We have a few things left to see tomorrow before we head back to Italy. I wish we had longer to stay here, but I'm so glad to have gotten to see these two amazing countries!

See everyone soon. Be home in only 4 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.