Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sono in Italia




Ciao!
So last week I was sick all week, but I'm officially healthy now. Guess it was just a nasty cold. So my parents are in Italy! They flew into Rome, spent a couple days there and then made there way towards me in Siena. Turns out they're staying a little further from Siena than we thought, but it's worked out. We met in Siena on Saturday and it was so great to see them! I got to show off my new city and they love it. My mom called it the "Carmel of Italy" because it's a typical Italian city, but so charming! I agree. I stayed with them on Saturday night in the little cottage they're staying in. It's adorable. Then Sunday was my Mom's birthday, so we went to a couple of small hill towns she wanted to visit. It was a great day. My mom took pictures, so I'll have to upload them when I get them from her. Since Sunday, I've been back in Siena because I have school. Bummer, but I hey, I guess that's why I'm here.

School is going well. Definitely getting hard. But I've been going to tutoring once a week just to make sure I'm keeping up. (And because it's free and all college kids take advantage of anything free!)

The pictures I posted are: the top one is the beautiful "porta" I enter every day into the city. The middle picture is of Michaela and I at the beach. And the bottom picture is at the Milan-Siena soccer game.

Tomorrow my parents are going to pick me up and we're going to Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is a series of five small towns along the coast. There's a hike connecting all five towns and gorgeous beaches. Hopefully the weather will be nice!

No comments: