Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mia Madre e Mio Padre Qui!






The last couple weeks have been so crazy! I have so much to tell, I think I'm going to divide it into a couple of blogs... I'll start off with my parents coming to visit. They left last weekend, which was sad, but I had such a great time with them. I am so glad they came. It was a very special and unforgettable experience. The first night they came to see me, I went with them to spend a night in Sogna. It was this tiny cottage in a very piccola (tiny) town with only about 10 other cottages. It was adorable. The next day was my mom's birthday, so we toured a few hilltowns my mom wanted to see. Then dinner back in Siena in the Piazza del Campo. The only person missing was Ry! During the week I had school, so I didn't see to much of my parents, but they came to pick me up for their last night in Sogna. We toured Chianti and wine-tasted, which was awesome. I am getting so spoiled with amazing wine here. Then I made dinner in the tiny kitchen in Sogna. I made a dish I learned from my Italian mother. I love learning new recipies! The next day, we picked up my friend Michaela and headed to Cinque Terre. After a LONG, windy, scary drive, we made it to Vernazza, which is one of the five cities of Cinque Terre. We stayed in a cute funky apartment and had a blast. We experienced a huge thunder and lightning storm and of course had to go out to dinner at a restaurant at the highest point of the city at the very top of a cliff. But we had a great view of the lightning. We were worried about the weather the next day, but it turned out to be perfect! (Even a little hot.) Michaela got sick =( but my mom, dad, and I hiked all of the next day. It was definitely a day I'll remember. The views were amazing and we had a great time. Finished off the day with a boat ride back to Vernazza. Truley a magical day I'll never forget. My parents stayed in Cinque Terre for a few more days while I headed back to Siena. They stopped by to see me before leaving to go back to the US last Friday. I'm so glad they came to visit and I think they had a great time. Next time my brother will have to come!

As for the pictures, the top four are in Cinque Terre and the bottom one is my favorite of my parents in Chianti. I think it's good because I took it! The second picture down is Michaela and I talking to the an Italian man and together trying speak Italian and get directions to our apartment in Cinque Terre. It was pretty hilarious, but we eventually found it =)

No comments: